Pana Organic Vegan Chocolate Pancakes
1 C buckwheat flour
3 Tb cacao powder
1 ts baking powder
¼ ts bicarb soda
1 pinch of salt
1 flax egg (6 Tb water + 2 Tb flax meal)
¾ C almond milk
1 Tb apple cider vinegar
1 Tb coconut oil, melted
1/3 C maple syrup
Pana Chocolate squares
Coconut cream and seasonal berries to serve
• To make the flax egg, combine the water and the flax meal in a small bowl.
• Refrigerate for about 15 minutes, the water will be completely absorbed by the flax and a soft gel will form. Add the almond milk, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup.
• In a separate bowl, place the dry ingredients. Pour the liquid into the dry mix and stir to combine.
• Spoon the mixture into a heated frying pan and cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until cooked through.
• Serve with whipped coconut cream, fresh berries, extra maple syrup and Pana Chocolate squares.